- As a low water vapour transmission coating in the building and construction industries and as a barrier/seal coating over freshly laid or damp concrete.
- As a hydrostatic pressure resistant waterproofing membrane to prevent water seepage or dampness penetration through to the interior of walls and floors.
- As a waterproofing barrier on the negative side in below grade surfaces such as basements, tunnels, liftwells, retaining walls and carparks.
- As a waterproofing membrane or barrier coating over freshly laid hardened (green) concrete, prior to the application of conventional levelling compounds, carpet and tile adhesives.
- As a waterproofing membrane in tanking applications, including potable water containment.
- As a barrier seal coating over damp, green or efflorescence producing concrete prior to overcoating with conventional building paints.
WPM 300 20L kit
ARDEX WPM 300 (HydrEpoxy 300) is a two component water based epoxy polyamide membrane/barrier coating. Approved for use with potable (drinking) water, independent testing confirms conformity with the requirements of AS4020.2000 and BS6920
- Non-flammable and negligible odour.
- Can be applied to damp surfaces.
- Can be safely applied to freshly laid hardened (green) concrete.
- Conforms to requirements of the: Building Code of Australia as a waterproofing membrane.
- Conforms to the requirements of: Australian standard 4020 – 2000 and British Standard 6920 for use in contact with potable water.
- When applied directly to the substrate the cured membrane will withstand 250kPa of hydrostatic pressure which is equivalent to a 25 metre head of water.
- When used wet on wet over ARDEX WPM 256 Bonding Bridge the cured membrane will withstand 400kPa of pressure which is equivalent to 40 metre head of water.
- Can be overcoated using almost any decorative or industrial finishing paint.
- Prevents rising damp and the formation of efflorescence when used as a single coat barrier coat.
- Has excellent adhesion to most substrates including brick, masonry, concrete block, concrete, stone and timber.
- Easy clean-up using water.
- Must be applied at a rate of 1.5 square metres per litre (3.0 square metres per litre per coat) to achieve an effective waterproofing membrane.